We go to Colorado on Thursday, ahhhh! I’m so excited to go back. I was going to buy some granola to bring as a snack with us, but then I decided I wanted to make my own, and now I want to share it with you! So, Here you go…
btw, this make a lot of granola.
Chunky Monkey Granola
8 Tbs Ghee (could use coconut oil)
1/4 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
2 Tbs Cacao Powder
1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats (I use these)
1 1/2 Cups Almonds, Slivered
1 1/2 Cups Walnuts, Chopped
1 Cup Coconut Flakes
1 1/2 Cups Banana Chips, Crushed (I use these)
1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
1/4-1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (I use these)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan, add the ghee, coconut palm sugar, cacao powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt. Stir until ghee is melted, and sugar is dissolved.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, almonds, walnuts, coconut flakes, banana chips, chia seeds, and chocolate chips.
- Pour melted mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the granola onto the parchment paper, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool.
- enjoy! Store in airtight container.