Hi! Hope everyone is having a great start to their week, I know that I am. I can not believe that it is already coming to the end of July. I was talking to someone the other day, and by the other day I mean yesterday. I use the phrase “the other day,” and in my context that can mean yesterday or three months ago. Anyways, they mentioned that they still hadn’t signed up for any of their classes yet, and how summer was already half way over. It was kind of a weird feeling to think about not having to go back to school, and that I just get to go to work. I’m definitely okay with it though.
Since I’m posting this a bit later in the day than I typically like to, I’m going to keep it short and sweet. I’ve been really trying to get into bed by 9:oopm (as long as the dog allows). So here’s five little life updates/ facts from the last week that I thought were important enough to share:
- My new job is super awesome, and I feel so honored to be able to have this opportunity right out of school.
- Game of Thrones started again, YAY!
- It feels so, so great to finally be working out consistently after having almost two months off.
- My best friend, Kayla, came to town and we went to the beach TWICE in three days.
- I’ve seriously been so obsessed with eating chicken salad lately, that I think I’ve ate some version of it for about 8 days straight.
With that last little fact of being obsessed with chicken salad, I must share this recipe with you because it was definitely my favorite version to make! Please let me know if you ever make one of my recipes. It makes me so happy when I know someone has tried one of them!
Roasted Vegetable Chicken Salad
1-2 lbs Chicken, Cooked and Cubed
2 Sweet Potatoes, cubed
2 Full Carrots, Sliced
2 Celery Stalks, Sliced
1/2 Red bell Pepper
2 Tbs Avocado Oil, ghee, or Coconut Oil
1 Cup Grapes, Sliced in Half
1/2 Cup Raw Cashews, Toasted*
1/2 Cup Mayo of Choice (I use this)
1/2 Tbs Garlic Powder
1 Tbs Parsley
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat sweet potato, carrots, celery, and pepper with oil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, flipping have way through, until veggies begin to crisp. Watch the celery because it will cook faster, and may need to be removed early.
- Once veggies are cooked, let cool.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Enjoy over a bed of greens, piece of toast, or just as is! Store remainders in the fridge.
*To toast cashews, spread the raw cashews on a baking sheet. Place in oven at 425 for about 10-15 minutes, or golden brown.