Well guys, we made it another week. That’s something to be proud of. If nothing seems to be going well, just remember you made it another week! I haven’t talked too much about my internship on here, but I’m really enjoying it. I truly like getting up everyday, and going to work. I haven’t had too many jobs that I can say that about. Goes to show that if you love what you do, you won’t work a day in your life. I don’t really have too many updates for you other than that. I basically just work everyday, come home, eat, and go to sleep. I’ve been going to bed pathetically early, but it makes it not awful to wake up at 5:30 to workout, so I feel no shame. I may have also committed myself to doing a relay marathon in May, so we will see how that goes.
Any who, I really, really enjoy this recipe. Jake and I ate an entire batch over the course of recipe testing, and dinner the other night. Can I also mention that I nailed this one on the first attempt? Sometimes when I think up a recipe, I just get a feeling it’s going to be really good, and that’s what happened this time. When you dip it in the ranch, which is seriously the bomb, it’s like ordering an app at a restaurant. Except with these, you won’t feel so bad about eating them!
2 Tbs Ghee (can use coconut oil or grass-fed butter)
3 Cups Broccoli, Steamed
1/2 Cup Arrowroot Flour
2 Eggs + 1 Egg White
2 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
1 Tbs Garlic, Minced
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
1. Place broccoli in blender/food processor until broken down into a paste like texture.
2. Pour broccoli in a large mixing bowl, and add arrowroot, eggs, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
3. Melt ghee in a medium sized frying pan.
4. Scoop broccoli mixture into pan making 2 inch size circles.
5. Cook for about 3 minutes or until crispy, then flip.
6. Repeat until batter is gone.
7. Serve with Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing (find it here)
**to reheat extras place in pan again for a few minutes, or turn oven on broil**
ps. Go check out my Instagram because I have a fabulous valentines day giveaway coming up, wink wink.