So I had this recipe all planned out to post yesterday. I just had to re-measure the ingredients to make sure they were accurate, and of course I waited until Thursday night to do so. So here I am with some carrots on the stove, and I’m about to put some laundry in, when I smell something burning. My drip pan was on fire LOL. Nothing big, just some stuff that fell down in there. It was small enough to blow out, but needless to say I just didn’t feel like continuing. So anyways here I am, and here’s a recipe for some Creamy Curried Carrot soup. Try saying that ten times fast.
This recipe is Whole 30 compliant, and perfect combo of creamy and crunchy when you sprinkle the curry cashews on top. If there isn’t anywhere you can buy premade curry cashews, I will provide a recipe to make your own because you cannot have this soup with out them. You really can’t live without them once you had them because they are THAT good!
Creamy Curried Carrot Soup
1 Tbs Coconut Oil
8 whole Carrots, Peeled and Diced
1/4 Large Red Onion, Diced
1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
1 Can Pumpkin Puree
1 Can Coconut Milk
2 Tbs Tomato Paste
2 Tbs Curry Powder
Salt and Pepper
1 Cup Curry Cashews for garnish, chopped (store bought or recipe below)
1. In a large sauce pan, add coconut oil and sauté carrots and onions until soft.
2. Once soft, add the carrots and onions to a blender with 1 cup vegetable broth. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour carrot puree back into sauce pan, along with pumpkin, coconut milk, rest of the broth, tomato paste, curry powder, salt and pepper.
4. Stir thoroughly, and bring to a boil, then let simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Cool slightly, and serve, sprinkling chopped cashews on top.
1 Cup Cashews
2 Tsp Curry Powder
Sprinkle of Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Place cashews on a baking sheet.
3. Bake cashews in oven, until lightly brown and fragrant.
4. place cashews in a bowl, and evenly coat with curry powder and salt by stirring.