Hopefully everybody’s new year is off to a great start. I know mine has been! If you didn’t see my instagram post, I took a little break from the blog to figure out where I wanted to go with it, and what things I wanted to share. In the meantime, I enjoyed my trip to Florida, went snowboarding, saw my family, saw a couple movies, and just enjoyed some time relaxing before school starts again.
One thing I knew I still wanted to keep bringing to you guys were simple, delicious, and healthy recipes! If you are on a new path of healthy eating, and healthy living, DONT GIVE UP! I know it seems hard at times, but it will be totally worth it. If you are on this track, I hope you find my recipes helpful.My goal for the year is to post a new recipe every friday. If you have anything you would like me to make, let me know!
Does anyone else just want warm comfort food at all time when it’s freezing out? In the winter, I could eat oatmeal, soup, and casseroles everyday. Just bundled up in a blanket with a big, warm bowl of food, and I’m set. These individual cinnamon roll oatmeal bakes are perfect for that! If you wanted, you could make them in a big pan and just cut pieces out, but I like that you can bake a couple of these, and then in the mornings, just reheat them, and go!
Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Bake
1 Cup Gluten Free Oats
1/4 Cup Almond Butter
1/2 Cup Almond Milk (I use Califia Farms Toasted Coconut)
1 Tbs + 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbs Pure Maple Syrup
1 Tbs + 1/2 Tbs Coconut Oil, Melted
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
pinch of salt
2 Tbs Coconut Butter (I use Artisana Organics)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine oats, eggs, almond butter, almond milk, 1 tbs cinnamon, maple syrup, 1tbs coconut oil, vanilla, and salt.
3. Once everything is stirred together, pour into 3 inch ramekins.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
5. While the oatmeal is baking, in a small dish, melt the coconut butter, and 1/2 Tbs coconut oil.
6. Stir in 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and drizzle over the bakes oatmeal.