These delicious, and adorable shooters are gluten-free, grain-free, not too high in sugar, and can be made dairy-free. When was the last time you could say that while eating French silk pie? It probably wasn’t anytime recently.
The last time I ate French silk pie was around the time Jake and I first started dating, and we made a homemade one. I remember just going in with a fork when it was finished, and then going back in for some more in the morning. It was great and all while I was eating it, but soon after I did not feel the greatest. With these, it gives you the perfect amount so you don’t over do it, and with the ingredients used, you won’t feel as bad after.
With such an easy process, these are great for all occasions, especially those Christmas and New Years Parties most of us have coming up. I used glass shot glasses, but for convenience purposes at a party amazon has some great plastic options like these that you could use. Either way, they will be a hit!
Paleo French Silk Pie Shooters
Graham Cracker Crust:
2 Tbs Almond Flour
2 Tbs Coconut Flour
1 Tbs Coconut Palm Sugar
1 Tbs Coconut Oil, Melted
1 Tsp Pure Maple Syrup
1 Tbs Cinnamon
Dash of Salt
3/4 Cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips (I use ENJOYLIFE)
1 Can Coconut Solids (directions below)
1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Whipped Cream Layer:
1/2 Cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream (For dairy-free Make coconut whipped cream out of coconut Solids)
1 Tsp Honey or Maple Syrup
1 Tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl mix all the crust ingredients together. Evenly spread over a baking sheet, and bake for 5-7 minutes until dark brown. Let cool.
3. To make coconut solids, place coconut milk can in the fridge right side up for a few hours. The coconut milk will separate, and the top can be scooped out for use.
4. Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Combine the chocolate with the coconut solids, and vanilla.
5. Whip the Whipping cream until firm. Add in the honey and vanilla, and continue whipping for a few more seconds.
6. Layer the crust, then the chocolate mousse, and the whipped cream in your shot glass. Lightly dust with cacao powder.
7. Serve, and store remainders in the fridge!
On a side note, I have a really cool holiday giveaway coming up next week, so let your friends and family know about You Thyme so everyone can have a chance at some cool things. I don’t want to spoil what the giveaway is going to entail, but it’s some super great products!
Let me know what you think, and I hope all the college students are surviving finals, and everyone else has a wonderful weekend!